Adam Smith Theatre
- About Adam Smith Theatre
- Opening Hours
- Disabled Access
- Holidays and Closures
- Related Events
The Adam Smith Theatre provides a wide and diverse programme of entertainment including music, dance, film, drama, comedy and children's theatre.
The Adam Smith Theatre opened in 1899 as a memorial to Adam Smith, who was born in Kirkcaldy.
- A 475-seat theatre, suitable for plays, children’s shows, opera, film, musicals, ballet, contemporary dance, comedy, lectures and music
- Three function rooms for hire: the Beveridge Studio and a large and small function room
The auditorium and Beveridge Studio are on the first floor.
On the ground floor, a refreshment room is just off the foyer and underneath the main auditorium are two general purpose areas. These cover about 2,000 square feet and we use them for events such as exhibitions and receptions.
The outside of the building is the same as when first opened. Its imposing façade overlooks the Memorial Gardens
- People in wheelchairs are welcome at the Adam Smith. Please reserve a wheelchair space when you book your ticket.
- If you have any special requirements please tell box office staff when you book your ticket and we'll be happy to help.
- There is an adapted toilet in the foyer.
- There is an induction loop system for the hard of hearing.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- The theatre car park has limited parking for disabled patrons.
- For film screenings, we hold seats in Rows H - J for people with special mobility needs until 15 minutes before the film starts.
If you have a myfife C + 1 card, you may be entitled to a carer's ticket, which is free. Please present your card when you book or collect your tickets. Please note that not all shows offer this concession.
Baby changing facilities are available. All children, even babies, must have a ticket for a seat. So if you want to book in advance you'll have to pay for a ticket for your baby. But if you're prepared to wait and book 20 minutes before the start of a show, your baby can have a complimentary ticket, as long as we're not sold out.