Parents, carers and families
Learn about safe parenting
We all have a part to play to making sure that our children's welfare is looked after and all their needs are met.
On these pages you will find useful information which will help you to protect children. You will find information on:
- safe parenting. As we all know, kids don't come with an instruction manual, so chances are you're looking for practical help with some common parenting problems.
- the child protection process. You can find out how to report abuse, signs to look for and what happens after you have reported suspected abuse.
- children's rights. The United Nations has defined children’s rights because children need special help and protection, to make sure their rights are upheld.
- useful links to other organisations. We give you links to various groups and services in Fife and beyond that can help you be a better parent or give you someone to speak to if you are worried about a child.
We believe that child protection is everyone's job and that all children and young people in Fife have the right to be:
- cared for
- protected from harm
- able to grow up in a safe environment where their rights and needs are respected.
Hands on Scotland is a well established website for frontline workers which has just developed a new section for parents and carers, offering extensive hands on techniques and practical information to help children flourish. It is a resource that gives information, ideas and activities to help promote positive mental health (flourishing) in all children and young people.