Adult Services Committee (Disbanded May, 2007)
- all matters (excluding those specifically referred to the Children's Services Committee) relating to the provision of social and community services for which the Council are responsible including:-
- social work (including community care services);
- lifelong learning (including community and further education and adult guidance);
- leisure and recreation including parks, sports centres, allotments, the countryside, museums, art galleries and libraries;
- community development strategy (excluding economic development); - training (including vocational training but excluding employee development training and elected member training); and
- burial grounds and crematoria.
Scrutiny and Performance Review
The scrutiny and performance review functions of all committees are set out in paragraphs 3.6 and 3.8 of the Scheme of Administration.