Sexual Health Fife
Sexual Health Fife is a confidential service, working to meet the Sexual, Reproductive and Emotional Health needs of everyone who lives in Fife, regardless of:
- gender/gender reassignment
- marriage/civil partnership
- sex or sexual orientation
Sexual Health Fife provides the following Contraceptive and Testing/Treatment services:
- Pre-pregnancy advice
- Pregnancy testing
- Contraceptive advice
- Emergency contraception
- Free condoms, lube and dams (latex and non-latex)
- Support and help with decision-making for unplanned pregnancy
- Provision of all long acting reversible methods (Implant, contraceptive injection, IUDs and Mirena IUS)
- Counselling and referral female sterilisation
- Referral for male sterilisation
- Menopausal issues and Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Testing and Treatment for all STIs
- Testing and Treatment for HIV
- Hepatitis B vaccination for at risk groups (NOT for travel/occupational purposes)
- Confidential support and advice on test results
- Advice on reducing risk and how to achieve healthy lifestyles
- Post exposure prophylaxis after exposure to HIV
Sexual Health Fife offers both drop in clinics and booked appointments to provide access to a full range of fully confidential sexual health and Blood-Borne Virus (BBV) services.
When you arrive at any of our clinics, you will be asked to complete a registration form, after which you will be seen by a member of staff.
Click on drop-in clinics for information on the opening times for our Sexual Health and BBV drop-in clinics.
To make an appointment at Sexual Health Fife, please call 01592 64 79 79
Lines are open Mondays to Fridays between 8:30 – 1:30pm
A 'virtual' advice clinic commenced in June, this has replaced the advice line service. The advice line telphone number is no longer operational. Please call the appointments number (01592 647979) to book a time slot for advice and a nurse will call you back at the agreed time. The virtual advice clinic will run every morning from 9am - 11am.
Do you need help or advice on speaking to your children and young people about relationships and sexual health? If so NHS Fife have developed a web page with lots of helpful tips and advice www.nhsfife.org/smalltalk - see below for more information.
Sexual Health is not only the absence of disease, it involves feeling good about yourself and your sexuality. For more information on Sexual Health and Wellbeing visit: