Fife Licensing Forum
Licensing Standards Officers
Under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, the Council must appoint at least one Licensing Standards Officer (LSO).
The statutory functions of an LSO include:
- providing information and guidance to interested parties on the operation of the Act in Fife
- supervising the legal compliance of holders of premises and occasional licences, and
- providing mediation services to avoid or resolve disputes between licence holders and any other party in relation to the licence conditions or the requirements of the Act.
In practice this means that in Fife, LSOs work involves the following:
- dealing with enquiries and complaints from the trade
- dealing with enquiries and complaints from the public
- liaising with the Police
- visiting premises and securing improvements in their compliance
- ensuring that licencees operate consistently with the five licensing objectives
- carrying out enforcement action if necessary
- submitting reports to the licensing board on premises licence applications, variation applications, occasional licence applications, extended hours applications, and premises licence review applications
- attending Licensing Board hearings and providing information to the Board, and
- advising Fife Licensing Forum.
There are four LSOs in Fife and they are available seven days a week. They work in pairs on a four day shift rota between two o’clock in the afternoon and one o’clock in the morning.
To contact a LSO, please call 08451 555555 44692526 or 08451 555555 446926. You will hear a Voicemail message. If you leave your contact details and a short message, the LSOs will get back to you as soon as they can.