Tenders and contracts
News: Procurement within Fife Council is undergoing a transformation process. For further information about the changes taking place, please see Transforming Procurement
The content of this page will be updated as the changes come into effect. In the meantime the below continues to apply:
"Fife Council's Procurement Service aims to provide a strategic, sustainable and customer focused approach to the procurement process by ensuring that best value is continually achieved when meeting the Council's core objectives"
- Provide a professional, ethical and sustainable Procurement service to customers by adopting best practice and supporting collaborative procurement
- Continually train and develop staff to ensure best practice procurement advice is provided to customers
- Demonstrate Best Value is being achieved through contract management including the monitoring and benchmarking of contract performance
- Continually improve processes and procedures to ensure an efficient and customer focused approach to procurement
The Procurement Service is part of the Finance and Corporate Services Directorate and is responsible for purchasing some of the wide variety of goods, materials and services Fife Council need as well as offering procurement advice and best practice guidance to all Council Services.
The Procurement Service make purchases on behalf of all Fife Council Services, Schools, Residential Homes, Centres, Fire, Police, Colleges and the voluntary sector. We manage over 220 Council-wide contracts with an annual value in excess of £52m.
The Procurement Service is organised into three functions:
- Category Managers
- Corporate Procurement Officers
- Buying Team
Category Managers have responsibility for developing, managing and executing council-wide strategies for specific categories of spend using in-depth category and market knowledge. They build relationships with key customers to understand and challenge needs, and encourage suppliers to develop innovative solutions to Fife Council business needs. Thus helping to ensure best use of resources and that best practice is employed across the Council, whilst also identifying opportunities for further savings. Corporate Procurement Officers and the Buying Team are responsible for procuring goods and services and liaising with Category Managers to identify consolidation, catalogue changes and improvement opportunities.
For more information contactCorporate Procurement
Tel: 01592 583351 Fax: 01592 583441 Contact Corporate Procurement online
By Post: Fife House North Street Glenrothes Fife KY7 5LT