|Vacancy Title||Volunteering Opportunity Hotlist - Central Fife|
|Organisation||Volunteer Centre Fife|
|Reference No.||See Advert|
|Posted On||08 Jun 2012|
|Closing Date||31 Dec 2012|
Volunteering Opportunity Hotlist – Central Fife – 7 September 2012
Minibus Driver – Fife Boomerang 30-1251
Fife Boomerang offers a programme of activities to people with mental health issues. The aim is to encourage socialisation and reduce isolation and boredom. The driver is required to pick up members from main bus stations in Leven, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline and take them to wherever that day's trip is going. A volunteer will accompany the group and the driver. Drivers must be over the age of 25 or hold a licence that allows them to drive a 16 seater minibus.
Paint Processing Technician – Castle Repaint Scotland 30-2315
Castle RePaint Scotland is a Glenrothes based charity aiming to cut the millions of litres of paint wasted in Scotland each year. By accepting unwanted water-based paint and reprocessing it to make it usable again, we will produce an affordable paint and reduce landfill. As a Paint Processing Technician you will be required to:
- Assist in the production of new paint, recycling the old paint to produce paint ready for sale
- Ensure best quality paint is used for processing
- Blend, mix and filter paint following process instruction sheets
- Decant paint into new metal containers ready for sale
- Stack paint ready for orders and deliveries
- As part of your role will involve colour matching, it is important you do not suffer from colour blindness
- Have some knowledge of working with machinery
Warehouse Assistant – Castle Repaint Scotland 30-2316
As a warehouse assistant you will be required to:
- Assist in the management of incoming paint
- Assess the quality of incoming paint
- Sort the paint by colour
- Ensure proper labelling and storing of paint
- Ensure waste paint is managed properly
- Keep stock of unprocessed paint
- Carry out stock taking of the finished product in warehouse area
- Assist with factory shop duties
Wellbeing Evaluation Volunteer - Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival
30 - 2321
An opportunity to be part of a team of volunteers to carry out a wellbeing evaluation of the Scottish Mental Health Arts & Film Festival in Fife, throughout October 2012. Volunteers will be provided with training in the delivery of FIFER Wellbeing Toolkit.
The training will take place in September 2012. Volunteers will then attend events at the Scottish Mental Health Arts & Film Festival (from 1-24th October) and carry out a series of evaluative tasks including observations and photography, interviews with event attendees and surveys.
Domestic Appliance Engineer – Castle RePaint 30-2323
Based at the Castle RePaint Scotland operation in Glenrothes, there is the workshop for refurbishing white goods. We are looking to add to our team of Domestic Appliance Engineers and assistants who will help with the repair and testing of white goods donated to the Project. Tasks will include:
- testing machines as they come in to determine their working order, repairing and cleaning white goods to make them ready for sale
- carrying out PAT tests and function tests and ensuring that the correct test labels are applied and visible
- stripping unusable machines for parts and ordering new parts
If you are a qualified Domestic Appliance Engineer, we would particularly welcome any time you could offer from a couple of days a year to a couple of hours a month.
Driver – Castle RePaint 30-2324
Castle RePaint Scotland is a Glenrothes based charity aiming to cut the millions of litres of paint wasted in Scotland each year. By accepting unwanted water-based paint and reprocessing it to make it usable again, we will produce affordable paint and reduce landfill. As a driver you will be required to load and unload the van, pick up donated white goods from civic amenity sites and private houses. There are many tasks and many opportunties for you to become involved in whatever way you feel comfortable.
Driver’s Assistant – Castle RePaint 30-2326
As a driver's assistant you will be required to:
- load and unload the van
- be part of a small crew, helping to collect and sort unwanted, non-hazardous paint and domestic appliances from recycling centres and other locations
There are many tasks and opportunities for you to become involved in in whatever way you feel comfortable.
Supporter of Victims/Witnesses – Victim Support VMP - 2182
Victim Support Scotland needs volunteers to support victims of crime and witnesses attending court in Fife. Volunteers may be involved in a range of activities, including making contact with victims/witnesses by 'phone, supporting witnesses attending court and visiting victims in their own homes to offer practical and emotional support in the aftermath of crime.We have Victim Services in every council area in Scotland, and Witness Services at every High and Sheriff Court.
Wish Visitor – Make A Wish VMP 2516
We're looking for friendly, reliable people to visit children fighting life-threatening conditions to find out what their true wish is and why.
Wish Visitors play a big part in bringing hope, excitement and magic to the lives of some very deserving children and young people. They make sure we have as much information as possible about the child's wish.
Newsletter Editor – MS Society VMP 2526
To produce and edit a newsletter to inform and update people affected by MS and other relevant individuals of the work of the local branch and the Society.
Domestic Appliance Gas Engineer - Castle Repaint 30-2330
We are looking to add to our team of Domestic Appliance Engineers and assistants who will help with the repair and testing of white goods that have been donated to the project.
Tasks will include testing gas appliances as they come in to determine their working order, to make them ready for sale.
It is essential that you would be on the Gas Safe Register.
Big Bucket Collection Co-ordinator – CLIC Sargent VMP - 2585
Can you give a little time to make a big difference? This December, during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, CLIC Sargent will hold its Big Bucket Collection across Scotland. We need volunteers to give a little time to collect at venues at across the UK, helping us to raise £200,000 for children and young people with cancer, and their families.
Volunteer as a Collection Coordinator and have fun with your friends, family or colleagues collecting for a few hours, a day or maybe even more!
Most collections will take place on 7 and 8 December, but sign up and we will match you to a date and venue near you and give you all the support and materials you need. For more information or to sign up to take part, please visit the Big Bucket Collection website, call 0845 121 2495 or email email@example.com
Volunteer Group Co-ordinator – Sustrans VMP - 1343
Sustrans is a leading sustainable transport charity promoting cycling and other methods of active travel.
Our volunteer group in Fife requires a Group Co-ordinator. Main tasks are-
- to lead the group and be the main contact with Sustrans Scotland staff, ensure the group meets on a regular basis, help with the organisation of a variety of activities, including helping group volunteers monitor the National Cycle Cycle Network in North East Fife, co-ordinate work parties, promotional events, signing rides, liaison with neighbouring volunteer groups, link in to Sustrans Tay and Forth regional forum approx twice yearly, assist with induction of new volunteers and act as contact point for existing volunteers. Being a cyclist is not a requirement.
Volunteer Centre Fife
10 St Brycedale Avenue
01592 645544 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Back to list|