From Monday 26 April 2021, lateral flow home testing kits will be available to anyone who does not have COVID-19 symptoms so that people can test themselves twice weekly.
Lateral flow testing kits are simple and quick to use and are sometimes called rapid tests.
You can get rapid lateral flow testing kits for twice weekly testing if:
- You DO NOT have COVID-19 symptoms
- You have not been told to self-isolate
You must be 18 or over to collect the kits. Testing is not recommended for children who go to primary school or who are younger.
You should not access rapid lateral flow testing kits in this way if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 90 days
- You get tested through your workplace or education setting
- You need to take a test for international travel
Home testing kits can be ordered online for delivery here.
Home testing kits are also available from your nearest COVID-19 test site, you can find your nearest site here and the times they are open.
In Fife you can pick up home testing kits at:
- Victory Memorial Hall, St Andrews
- Regional Drive-Through Centre, Bankhead Car Park, Glenrothes
- Glenrothes Miners Charitable Society, Glenrothes
- Overton Community Centre, Kirkcaldy
- Dell Farquharson Community Centre, Dunfermline
Most sites are open from 3.30pm to 8pm for the collection of kits and you do not need to book an appointment.
You can find out how to do a rapid lateral flow test here
Please note that home testing kits are not currently available from community testing sites in Fife.
You can, however, get tested on-site at a community testing site in your area. For further information visit nhsfife.org/communitytesting