From Monday 26 April 2021, lateral flow home testing kits will be available to anyone who does not have COVID-19 symptoms so that people can test themselves twice weekly.
Lateral flow testing kits are simple and quick to use and are sometimes called rapid tests. They should be used twice weekly.
You can get a testing kit by:
- Ordering online and having it delivered to your door
- Picking up a kit at a number of testing sites across Fife - no appointment is necessary.
- Picking up a kit at participating community pharmacies across Fife
You should only use them if:
- You DO NOT have COVID-19 symptoms
- You have not been told to self-isolate
You must be 18 or over to collect the kits. Testing is not recommended for children who go to primary school or who are younger.
You should not access rapid lateral flow testing kits in this way if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 90 days
- You get tested through your workplace or education setting
- You need to take a test for international travel
Home testing kits can be ordered online for delivery here.
Home testing kits are also available from your nearest COVID-19 test site.
In Fife you can pick up home testing kits at:
- Victory Memorial Hall, St Andrews, KY16 9XE
- Regional Drive-Through Centre, Bankhead Car Park, Glenrothes, KY7 6GH
- Glenrothes Miners Charitable Society, Glenrothes, KY7 5NL
- Overton Community Centre, Kirkcaldy, KY13JP
- Dell Farquharson Community Centre, Dunfermline, KY12 7DS
Home testing kits can be collected from these sites from 8am to 8pm – no appointment is necessary. You also pick up kits from the Glebe Centre, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1BL from 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday and 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Testing kits are also available to pick up at a number of community pharmacies across Fife. You can find details about your nearest participating pharmacy here: https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
If you’d prefer you can take a test at one of our community testing sites, where friendly staff will guide you through the process. Community testing sites include:
If you’d prefer you can take a test at one of our community testing sites at:
- Glebe Centre, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1BL
- Tryst Centre, Dunfermline, KY11 4BZ
- Savoy Centre, Methil, KY8 3JQ
Further information, including current mobile testing sites in your area is available at nhsfife.org/communitytesting.