These people have turned up without any formal notice and are unable to provide valid credentials. They are not from our Test and Protect team.
If you receive a visit from someone and are concerned about the authenticity of the visit, please call 0800 030 8012 to verify.
Remember, a genuine contact tracer will NOT:
- Arrive unannounced at your home
- Ask for personal details such as bank details or medical records
- Try to sell you anything or ask for payment of any kind
- Tell you the identity of the person who is infected
- Ask you to download something by clicking on a link
- Ask you to set up a pin number
- Ask for social media login details
- Ask for remote access to your computer
- Ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS
- Ask that you call any premium rate numbers such as 09 or 087 numbers
Please report potential contact tracing scams to Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 800 9060.
If you’ve been scammed
If you realise you have been the victim of a fraud, report it to Police Scotland as soon as possible on 101.
Where can I find further trusted information on Test and Protect?
NHS Scotland: www.nhsinform.scot/campaigns/test-and-protect
NHS Inform helpline: 0800 22 44 88
Scottish Government: www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect
Fife Council: www.fife.gov.uk/news/2020/test-and-protect-scams