9 February Update - Attending Community Vaccination Clinics
Met Office Yellow and Amber Weather Warnings have been issued after significant snowfall and widespread ice was forecast for parts of Fife and much of the east coast over the coming days.
We anticipate that the snow and poor weather conditions may cause travel disruption.
Plans are underway to ensure the community vaccination clinics can continue to operate despite the wintry weather conditions, however if you feel you are unable to travel to attend your appointment today, you can contact the Scottish COVID-19 vaccination helpline and booking service on 0800 030 8013 to reschedule their appointment.
Weather and traffic information
It's important to plan well for winter to know what the weather has in store and how this will affect any travel plans.
- Met Office weather forecasts
- Severe weather advice
- Met Office weather ready - advice for all things weather related
- Traffic Scotland live traffic information and incident updates
- Fife Council Emergency Closures & Disruption
- ScotRail Live JourneyCheck
- Queensferry Crossing
- Stagecoach Bus Service Updates
- Tay Road Bridge
Winter travel advice
Consider whether you need to travel at all right now, or if you can wait until the weather improves – remember there is no visiting other households at present.
- Check the weather forecast and road conditions
- Think about alternative routes and other modes of transport
- Allow extra time for your journey
- Make sure your vehicle’s ready for a journey in poor weather
- Fully charge your mobile phone
- Make sure you have appropriate clothing, equipment and food
- Tell someone at your destination what time you expect to arrive
- In winter, think about getting winter tyres
- If you do travel, carry an emergency kit*
If you do need to travel
Due to the Covid19 pandemic, the advice from Scottish Government remains that we should all avoid non-essential travel. If you do need to get around however, public transport is still available though you are required to wear a face covering on all journeys. Remember too, that car sharing with anyone outside your household is no longer permitted.
Local travel options
For information on Stagecoach services
For information on Stagecoach service disruption due to coronavirus
For information on Bay Travel services
For information on Moffat & Williamson services
Information is also available on the Traveline Scotland website or by calling 0871 200 22 33.
For rail information see the Trainline website.
Plan your journey by bus, train, ferry or (internal) plane across Scotland using the Traveline Scotland Journey Planner
More Information about being prepared is available at Ready Scotland