People across Fife are being reminded that GP practices will be closed for four days over Easter.
GP practices will be closed between 25-28 March, reopening on Tuesday, 29 March.
If you are ill when your GP practice is closed and it can’t wait until the practice reopens you should call NHS 24 on 111.
Follow these simple tips to look after your health:
- Remember Repeat Prescriptions - If you take regular medication remember to check your existing supplies and only order what you need to make sure you don’t run out over the holidays.
- Restock Your Medicine Cabinet – Check your medicine cabinet and restock if necessary with over-the-counter remedies. These could include medicines for pain relief and high temperature, cough and cold remedies, plasters and antiseptic for minor cuts and grazes, and medicines for indigestion relief.
- Get Advice at Your Local Pharmacy - Local pharmacies offer expert advice on using the correct medicines, and also provide general information on healthcare. If you do run out of your regular medication and your GP practice is closed, a pharmacist can provide advice and help to arrange a supply of medication if needed.
A full list of pharmacies open over Easter is made available on our website at www.nhsfife.org/publicholidays
A concentrated list of pharmacies that will be open and their opening hours on Friday, 25 March and Monday, 28 March, can be found below:
- Wm Morrison Pharmacy, Cowdenbeath, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Asda, Dunfermline, 9.00am - 9.00pm
- Boots, Dunfermline, 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Boots, Glenrothes, 8.45am – 5.30pm
- Asda, Kirkcaldy, 9.00am - 9.00pm
- Boots, Fife Retail Park, Kirkcaldy, 9.00am - 8.00pm
- Boots, 116-120 High Street, Kirkcaldy, 12noon - 5.00pm
- Boots, St Andrews, 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Wm Morrison Pharmacy, St Andrews, 9.00am – 6.00pm