Remember that we're in the midst of a pandemic and the weather is treacherous.
- Wear shoes with slip resistant, good grip soles.
- Make sure you are not caught out by snow and ice; stay tuned to the weather forecast and plan ahead with food supplies.
- In periods of severe weather, such as snow and ice, avoid going outside.
- Be sure to take your time when you’re walking in the ice and snow. Whilst you may be used to walking in a hurry, your instinct to walk quickly could lead you to fall and cause an injury.
- Use handrails as you walk if you need to and anything else which can help you keep your grip, particularly when walking up steps.
To find out more about preparing for winter visit: Ready Fife.