We provide services and help facilitate placements for Medical Students, Doctors in Training and Consultants
Who’s who in Medical Education?
Director of Medical Education – Prof. Morwenna Wood
Prof. Wood is a Consultant Nephrologist who was appointed as Director of Medical Education (DME) in November 2008. Contact via MES
- Foundation Programme Directors – Dr Melvin Carew & Dr Surinder Panpher Dr Carew is FPD for S6 and Dr Panpher is FPD for S8 and both are Consultant's in Emergency Medicine. Contact via MES
- Clinical Skills & Simulation Facilitator – Mrs June Adamson - June runs the clinical skills and simulation training for medical students and doctors in training. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 21642
- Clinical Teaching Fellow (Patient Safety) – Ms Mairi McKinley - Mairi delivers and co-ordinates on patient safety training for medical students and doctors in training. Email: email@example.com or ext 20168
Medical Education Services Manager – John Lowe.
John works closely with the DME to develop medical education and manages the Medical Education Service. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 21596
- Medical Education Quality Manager – Alex Mackay. Alex leads on all quality related issues in medical education and co-ordinates training educational supervisors. Email: Alexander.email@example.com Ext. 27936
- Education Centre Manager – Mrs Ann Sheach. Ann manages the Education Centres and co-ordinates the postgraduate teaching and training programmes in NHS Fife Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 21723
- Undergraduate Co-ordinator – Miss Sophie Ali. Sophie manages the undergraduate teaching and training programmes in NHS Fife Email: email@example.com ext 21461
- Medical Education Administrative Assistant – Miss Karen Hogg. Karen provides administrative support to the Department, reception, and classroom bookings for VHK and QMH Education Centres. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 28831
- Clinical Skills Admin Assistant – Ian Dempster. Ian provides support to June Adamson in setting up clinical skills models, simulation equipment as well as admin support. Email: email@example.com
- Administrator (Volunteer Patient Bank) - Glynis Donnachie. Glynis is co-ordinating the patients in teaching project for medical students and trainee doctors education programmes. Glynis also provides reception duties for classroom bookings at VHK. Email: Glynis.firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 22051
- TUBS Support – Steven Klym. Steven is the background support for TUBS. Email: email@example.com
Where is Medical Education?
Medical Education Services are located in the Education Centres at Victoria and Queen Margaret Hospitals. Both Centres in each site are in Phase 2, Level 2. VHK Education Centre is staffed 0830 to 1600 hours Mondays to Fridays and QMH Education centre is staffed on a rotational bases throughout the week. See Room Booking and Facilities for further information including directions
Main Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room bookings email address: Fife-UHB.MESBookingRequests@nhs.net
Victoria Hospital, Hayfield Road, Kirkcaldy, Fife KY2 5AH
Queen Margaret Hospital, Whitefield Road, Dunfermline, Fife KY12 0SU
Tel: 01592 643355 ext 28831
Got an idea to share?
SHARE is an NHS Education for Scotland website that provides the opportunity to showcase ideas and examples of good practice in medical teaching and training and to look for ideas that others have found to solve problems.
Developed an idea that others could find useful? A simple proforma enables you to share it. The SHARE team in NHS Education for Scotland will then review the entry ahead of its publication. All published entries are acknowledged and then available for access across Scotland.
Searching for ideas? The SHARE database allows you to look for entries by specialty and topic to see what has worked elsewhere.
Please go to www.share.scot.nhs.uk for further information.
Local Support Services
- Undergraduate placement support for Medical Students in NHS Fife from the Universities of Dundee, Edinburgh and St Andrews.
- Turas support for doctors in training management system and ePortfolio
- NES approved Core Education Programmes
- Royal Colleges Programmes for CMT/ACCS, EMU, PACES
- Induction and Shadowing for Doctors
- Virtual Induction Passport -The VIP is a Doctors LearnPro on-line training package to support Induction for those within the South East of Scotland area.
- TUBS – tutorialbooking.com support for administration of teaching and training programmes to medical students, doctors in training and senior doctors
- Course Management-Advice and guidance on Course Management to co-ordinators of events is available.
- Video-Conferencing & Telephone-Conferencing-Our Education Centres have facilities to support video-Conferencing Jabber and a telephone-conferencing services. Medical Education has also invested in facilities at other NHS Fife establishments to ensure delivery of Core and Undergraduate Medical Education.
- Library Services-The Medical Education Services are committed to supporting the NHS Fife Library Services and invests in the provision of study materials (books, on-line resources), computers, furniture and fittings to ensure that medical students and doctors in training receive high quality resources.