PATIENTS/SERVICE USERS/MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: There are many ways you can become involved in health research. You can be a participant in a research study or you could become part of the research team, advising on research questions, designing documents and even carrying out some of the research. To find out more about research that is taking place in the UK, follow these links:

SHARE and GoSHARE http:// these initiatives allow members of the public to register their willingness to have their health records examined to see if individuals are suitable for new research, and to share any surplus blood or tissue if they have any procedures that involve them.

If you have an interest in research in general, you can join the NHS Fife PPI group or, if you have been involved in research before, the R&D Users’ group. Becoming involved in these types of group will allow you to influence the research that takes place locally, ensuring that it is both valuable and relevant to the population of NHS Fife.


For more information contact

Roy Halliday, Research and Development Support Officer 
Tel: 01383 623623 Contact Roy Halliday online
By Post: NHS Fife, Queen Margaret Hospital Whitefield Road Dunfermline Fife KY12 0SU


We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.