Visit our new STIs page
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing
The following services are provided under STI testing:
- Testing and treatment for all STIs, including HIV
- Hepatitis B vaccination for at-risk groups (NOT for travel/occupational purposes)
- Confidential support and advice on test results
- Advice on reducing risk and how to achieve healthy lifestyles
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PeP) after exposure to HIV - PeP is only available from Accident & Emergency, Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy
STIs are spread through unprotected sex with an infected person, or through the sharing of sex toys.
Testing for Sexually Transmitted Infections is quick, free and non-intrusive, and they can be carried out at any of our drop-in clinics.
Only a urine sample or a swab of affected area is needed for most tests. A blood sample will, however, be offered for Syphillis and HIV tests.
See also: Downloadable leaflets with information about Chlamydia, Genital Herpes, Genital Warts, Gonorrhoea, Pubic Lice & Scabies, Syphilis, Thrush and Bacterial Vaginosis and Trichomonas Vaginalis are available at the bottom of this page.
We advise that you do not go to the toilet for 2 hours before your STI test, to ensure we can obtain a valid urine sample.