Why work for NHS Fife?
Pay and Conditions
Everyone who joins the NHS is guaranteed a salary that matches their ability and responsibilities, and given every opportunity to increase their earning potential through training and development.
Our pay system, known as Agenda for Change (AfC), applies to all staff except doctors, dentists, and very senior managers. Benefits include:
- a standard working week of 37.5 hours
- pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and overtime working
- holiday entitlement of 27 days a year, plus eight general and public holidays. This rises to 29 days after 5 years service and 33 days after 10 years of service
- better career and pay progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- annual personal development reviews to support career aspirations.
Finding your work/life balance
We recognise the importance of a healthy balance between work and life.
Flexible working means that:
- part time roles and job-share opportunities are often available, as well as term-time only, evening and weekend positions
- we may also be able to help with childcare, including nursery care, after school clubs and emergency care
- if you are studying for a qualification, raising a family, or juggling other responsibilities, we will do everything we can to combine these commitments with your work
- many people in the NHS take an extended break to look after young children or other dependents who need special care
- you will also have access to occupational health services, such as counselling
Learning and Development opportunities
We are committed to offering learning and development opportunities for all our employees. No matter where you start your career with the NHS, you will have access to further training within your role and you will be given every chance to progress within the organisation.
You will engage in an annual Personal Development /Review discussion to support your development needs for your current role and, where possible, your career progression.
*If you are an Agenda for Change (AfC) employee this PD/R will be undertaken using the NHS Scotland KSF (Knowledge and Skills Framework)