Why you should register with your local GP booklet
This booklet answers the questions:
- What is the National Health Service (NHS)?
- What is a General Medical Practitioner (GP)?
- What services do GPs provide?
- Why should I register with a GP?
- How do I register?
- Will I be able to communicate with my GP if I speak little or no English?
- How do I get to see my GP?
- What if I need non-emergency health care when my GP surgery or health centre is closed?
- Do I and my family qualify for free NHS health care?
- What if I need emergency health care?