C&YP Continence Service
The Children & Young People's Nurse Led Continence Service is part of the wider Children & Young People's Community Nursing Service. We are based in the Carnegie Unit, Qeen Margaret Hospital, Whitefield Road, Dunfermline KY12 0SU.
The Children & Young People's Continence team consists of 1 Continence Nurse Specialist Tracey Thomson and 2 part-time Continence Staff Nurses Sheila Kelly and Sarah Watt.
We provide clinics at 10 locations throughout Fife and currently support 420 Children and Young People aged between 5-18 with daytime and night time wetting problems.
The aim of our service is:
- To promote continence , by supporting children, young people and their families to improve their synptoms.
- Offer a holistic assessment and provide education and options for intervention and treatment to promote optimal bladder health.
- To provide a coordinated approach to continence management.
- To engage and support Children, Young People and their families to promote effective management.
- Improve the long term outcomes of children with continence issues.
Referrals to the enuresis clinics require to come via a GP or medical practitioner to allow for exclusion of any physical conditions.
More information on continence issues can be found on www.eric.org.uk