It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of:
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion and Belief
- Sexual Orientation
These are called ‘Protected Characteristics’.
You are legally protected from discrimination by the Equality Act 2010.
You are also protected from discrimination if:
- you are associated with someone who has a Protected Characteristic, e.g. a family member or friend
- you have complained about discrimination or supported someone else’s claim
(As defined by Equality Act 2010)
For more information you can contact the NHS Fife Equality and Human Rights Team by:
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - 01592 729130 (external) or 29130 (internal)
- NHS Fife SMS Text Service - 07805800005 (for people with a hearing or verbal impairment)