Diabetes Patient Education (1.5hr session)
Diabetic Footsteps is a patient education programme with an interactive overview of how diabetes affects the lower limbs and the impact of diabetes management on long-term foot outcomes.
The programme provides patients with up to date information and the knowledge and skills to support them to manage their foot health better.
The sessions are in a small informal group setting which allows patients to discuss their most relevant concerns.
Diabetic footstep sessions are suitable for:
- People with diabetes who have gone up a foot risk category
- People with diabetes who would benefit from additional information to support them in their diabetic foot health
Topics covered include:
- Foot circulation
- Foot health education to help avoid foot problems
- Factors which affect diabetes management
- When and how to access Podiatry
The education sessions are held in various venues throughout Fife including:
- Buckhaven: Randolph Wemyss Memorial Hospital, Wellesley Road
- Kirkcaldy: Diabetes Centre, Victoria Hospital
- St Andrews: St Andrews Hospital, Largo Road
- Cowdenbeath: Cowdenbeath Medical Centre, Stenhouse Street
- Dunfermline: Education Suite,Queen Margaret Hospital
Patients can book a place by contacting:
01592 643355 Ext 28360