Our commitment to you
Treat you with respect at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide up-to-date medical care, within a framework that values the
clinician / patient relationship.
- Provide routine appointments within a reasonable timescale, see
patients urgently if clinically merited on the same day and assess emergencies immediately.
- Aim to involve you in your treatment and always try to explain what may be wrong with you and how we propose to deal with your problem, in a way you can easily understand. We will also refer you for specialist treatment or investigation where appropriate.
- Ensure that you are not normally kept waiting for more than 20 minutes after your appointment time. Where there is a delay, we will keep you informed.
- Visit you at home if the doctor considers you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- Update our training regularly to help us provide a high standard of care.
Your commitment to us:
- Treat all members of the primary health care team with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Provide our staff with as much information as possible to ensure that you receive the correct level of care. (Remember that our staff are here to help you and they all carry the responsibility to maintain your confidentiality at all times).
- Be considerate when asking for an urgent appointment, a home visit or out of hours care. (Urgent appointments should only be requested when classed as a medical emergency and cannot be delayed. Out of hours care should only be requested if you cannot wait until the surgery re-opens. Home visits are for patients who are too ill to attend the Surgery or for patients who are housebound).
- Arrive on time for your appointment.
- Cancel appointments no longer needed to help us to reduce waiting times. Similarly, if you are unable to attend a hospital / clinic appointments, please notify them as soon as possible.
- It is important that you understand any treatment that has been administered. Please ask if you have any queries about your treatment.
- Request your repeat medication in adequate time.
- Advise the practice and hospitals if you have changed your contact details e.g. change of name, address, telephone number (mobile and Landline) or email address.
- Contact the hospital direct if you have queries regarding any hospital appointments and test results
Smoke free policy
Smoking is illegal in Practice premises.