What do we provide?
The service is open to people of all ages with learning disabilities. We work closely with the Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities (CTPLD). We aim to be easy to access and locally available. The services that we offer include:
- Child development problems.
- Memory and mental function.
- Behaviour skills.
- Developmental disorders (eg Autism).
- Dementia in people with a learning disability.
- Social and sexual understanding.
Therapy work can include:
- Direct work with the client.
- Advice to parents, carers and professionals.
- Training on psychological issues.
We are also involved in service development work. Examples of common reasons for referral include:
- Emotional problems.
- Challenging behaviour.
- Skills deficits.
- Relationship problems.
- Criminal behaviour (including sexually abusive behaviour).
How can I be referred?
You can be referred by your GP, Social Work, Education, voluntary agencies and other NHS staff. Carers and clients can also refer themselves.
Where will I be seen?
We often visit clients in their home or at a day centre or school. We also see clients in some clinics around Fife. Our office base is at the Clinical Psychology Department, Lynebank Hospital, Dunfermline (01383 565210)
For more information contactNHS Fife, Switchboard
Tel: 01592 643355
By Post: NHS Fife, Hayfield House Hayfield Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY2 5AH