What do we provide?
This service is for people with psychological needs related to their chronic physical disability. Disabilities may be from head injury, strokes etc. We see people aged 16 to 64. Older people are seen by the Older Adult Psychologists. We work closely with other staff of the Fife Rehabilitation Service eg. Doctors, nurses, therapists. We provide a full range of clinical psychology services. For example:
- Neuropsychological assessments to guide therapy and rehab.
- Assessments and therapies for clients, families and carers related to the impact of disability.
- Therapy for problems such as depression and anxiety.
- Educational groups eg. Understanding brain injury group.
- Groups for relatives and carers.
How can I be referred?
Most referrals come from the Fife Rehabilitation Service. You can also be referred directly by your GP, other NHS staff or Social Work.
Where will I be seen?
The service is based in the Fife Rehabilitation Service in Cameron Hospital.
For more information contactNHS Fife, Switchboard
Tel: 01592 643355
By Post: NHS Fife, Hayfield House Hayfield Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY2 5AH