A new service is being rolled out across Fife which will allow patients and visitors access to free internet during their visit to hospital.
NHS Fife Patient Wi-fi is now available across NHS Fife hospitals, meaning that patients and visitors can access free internet whilst they spend time in waiting areas or in their hospital bed.
Patients and visitors have access to a huge number of websites, as well as information about the hospital and the services available.
To ensure the ease of access for patients, there will be no requirement to register to use the service although patients will be asked to read and agree to the terms and conditions of use.
Using Patient WiFi
The following steps should be taken to connect to NHS Fife Patient Wifi
- Open wireless connections
- Select “NHS Patient Wifi”
- Read and Accept Conditions
- Open Web Browser
- Navigate to Desired Website
Patient WIFI is now installed in the following areas
- Victoria Hospital : All areas including Staff Canteen, apart from Labs
- Queen Margaret Hospital : Various Locations, with new areas added as refurbishment allows
- Glenrothes Hospital : All areas
- Adamson Hospital : All areas
- St Andrews Hospital : All areas
- Randolph Wemyss Memorial Hospital : Various locations
- Whytemans Brae Hospital : Various Locations
Other areas including Cameron and Stratheden Hospitals will follow on the completion of wireless surveys.
Terms & Conditions of Use
Guests understand and acknowledge that NHS Fife exercise no control over the nature, content, or reliability of the information and/or data passing through this service. Use of this service is at the Guests own risk and that it may be discontinued at any time without notice.
NHS Fife does not provide support to Guest equipment.
For more information contacteHealth Service Desk, eHealth (IT) Advice & Assistance
Tel: 01592 648028 Contact eHealth Service Desk online
By Post: NHS Fife, 1 Lynebank Hospital Halbeath Road Dunfermline Fife KY11 4UW