Medicine Changes - Patient Information
NHS Fife regularly reviews the medicines we prescribe to ensure they are the effective and and offer best value for patients and for the NHS. We need to take into account new medicines which become available and also the costs of individual medicines which can rise and fall considerably over time.
If your medicine is being changed please be assured:
We also regularly review patients’ medicines to ensure
- The medicines are still suitable
- Patients are not having side effects
- Patients still need all the medicines they are prescribed
- Your medicine will only ever be changed to one that is at least as effective as the one you were on before and it is very likely to be even better. You won’t be switched to another medicine ‘just because it’s cheaper’.
- If you have any concerns or questions you can call our patient helpline 0800 22 44 88. You can call free 8.00am-10.00pm for advice or information about your new medicine.
- Your local pharmacist can also answer any questions you may have.