Library & Knowledge Service
The NHS Fife Library & Knowledge Service is available to all Fife NHS staff and students on placement.
We aim to provide a good quality, effective, efficient and comprehensive library and knowledge service for all NHS staff and students on placement to support the patient journey and the health improvement agenda through partnership working both within and outwith the NHS.
We are committed to underpinning the improvement of health and wellbeing and the delivery of care in Fife. We will do this by supporting all those involved to use knowledge and resources to improve healthcare quality outcomes in the pursuit of services that are safe, effective and person-centred.
- Provide a quality assured service delivered by professional, skilled staff
- Develop the services we offer by working with and listening to our users
- Work in partnership locally and nationally to provide access to a range of relevant resources, both physical and virtual, that are fit for purpose and provide best value
- Provide the means for our users to develop their skills to effectively and efficiently locate and retrieve the information they require
- Provide a friendly welcome to existing and potential users and offer an environment conducive to study, learning and the sharing of knowledge
We provide a variety of specialist and general collections. In addition we can supply books and articles not available locally from other libraries.
We also offer an Evidence Search and Summary Service to support your decisions in frontline patient care, management and improvement work. For more information please see our Evidence Search Service page.
"It is a fantastic service” (Community Podiatrist)."
“The library service is superb, staff are approachable and knowledgeable and are an extremely important resource for library users” (Practice Education Facilitator).
“Fantastic library and ‘librarians’” (SpR, VHK)
Details of the services we offer can be found in the following pages and in the publications attached.