Welcome to our school.
St Bride’s R.C. Primary is a denominational primary located in the town of Cowdenbeath. Around 190 children from Lumphinnans, Hill of Beath, Crossgates and Cowdenbeath itself attend the school and there is space for 60 children in our nursery. The building opened in the 1930’s and was refurbished in the 1970’s. Staff and pupils of St Bride’s were relocated to this building in 1973.
The school playground has an extensive grassy area as well as a large tarmac area to the rear of the building. New playground markings have been laid and a trim trail has been added to enhance the outdoor space. Both of these projects are a result of pupil council audits and were funded through a Big Lottery Grant. A small orchard has been planted in a quiet corner of the grass area. The nursery garden continues to be developed, this year by the creation of a plastic bottle greenhouse.
Our school is characterised by an inclusive ethos which aims to honour the life, dignity and voice of each person, made in the image of God. We aim to foster this ethos within our school environment where pupils, parents and staff work together in partnership to provide the highest possible standard of education for all learners.