How to get a record of your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status

Your vaccination status is a record of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations you've received in Scotland or the Common Travel Area (England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland). 

You can request a vaccine status if you're aged 12 and over. Those under the age of 12 will not be eligible for a vaccine status.

You may be asked to provide your status when you're travelling abroad or attending certain venues or events.

You can access your COVID-19 status in a number of ways

Via the NHS Scotland mobile app

You can access your COVID Status through the free NHS Scotland Covid Status app on a mobile device. For example, a smartphone.

Via NHS Inform 

You can also download or request a copy of your vaccination status by logging in to NHS Inform online. To use the online service you will need your unique username which can be found on your first appointment invitation letter.

Your username can be found in your coronavirus vaccination appointment letter. You can use this to register and create your own password.

Once you have signed in, you should select 'vaccination status' which will allow you to view and request a copy of your coronavirus vaccination record.

By calling the COVID status helpline

Alternatively, you can request a copy of your vaccine status by phoning the COVID Status Helpline on 0808 196 8565.  

Vaccination status for children

Vaccination status letters are not available for children under the age of 12. Those aged 12 to 17 can only download or request a copy online or via the helpline. They cannot use the app. In addition, copies will be posted out to this age group and cannot be printed out at home.

Covid status for those taking part in clinical trials

If you were vaccinated as part of an official clinical trial in Scotland, you should have received a letter confirming this. If you have not received a letter, contact your clinical trial site.

If you're travelling abroad, your child may need to show a negative test result. Check the entry requirements for the country you're visiting.

To find out more visit NHS Inform