Our work is focused on Person-centred Care; Staff Health and Wellbeing; and the Hospital Environment.
What does that mean?
- Person Centred Care: To integrate prevention into clinical care and improve health outcomes for our patients
- Staff Health and Wellbeing: To improve staff health both in the workplace and home environment
- Hospital Environment: To create an environment where healthier choices are the easy choice
We do this in a range of ways such as:
- motivating and empowering staff, patients and visitors to improve their health
- setting up schemes promoting a healthy lifestyle such as ‘cycle to work’, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable stalls etc
- promoting national and local campaign such as ‘ What Matters To You’, ‘Mental Health Awareness Week’ etc
- implementing government initiatives relating to public health such as ‘smokefree NHS grounds’ etc
[email protected] sits within Health Promoting Health Service
What is [email protected]?
The Well at Work initiative is in place to support our employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
What does it do?
We actively support staff health by raising awareness of topics such as:
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Stress reduction
- Stopping smoking
- Sensible drinking
We offer a fruit and vegetable stall on a weekly basis throughout the year at Queen Margaret Hospital and Victoria Hospital Kirkcaldy, as shown in the photo above.