How well are we performing?
Providing personal choice for people, joint working with our partners, prevention measures and early intervention are at the heart of the Social Work in Fife. We work to provide the right services to the right people at the right time and in a way that meets their needs, improves the quality of their lives and protects the most vulnerable.
We provide a wide range of services to the most vulnerable people in our community. Detail of these can be found in the Chief Social Work Officer Annual Report 2014/15
Adults and Older People
We report to the governement annually on Homecare, Telecare, and Direct Payments through the Social Care Survey. Did you know that we provided:
- 54,200 hours of Homecare to 3,620 clients in our communities during the census week in March 2015.
- 8,990 clients with a Community Alarm, Telecare or both during the census week in March 2015.
- 410 clients with a Direct Payment (SDS Option 1).
- 880 clients with meals on wheels
- 18,430 weeks of Respite Care were provided to carers to help them to continue in their caring role. 39,200 overnight respite nights and 673,340 daytime respite hours
Children & Families
- As at 31st December 2015 we had 198 approved foster carer households.
- During 2015/16 100 % of children on the Child Protection Register had an allocated Social Worker and an up to date plan.
- During 2015/16 85% of looked after children were satisfied with their care.
- During 2014/15 106,589 hours of Unpaid Work were undertaken by offenders in the community under our supervision
We have performance measures to monitor, understand and improve how well we are doing as a Service. These measures have been identified through consideration of key issues, legislative requirements, national policy, and monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery and the results we achieve.
Tel: 03451 55 15 03 Contact Social Work Enquiries online
Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Services
Tel: 03451 550099
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP