Community support service

Social Work Community Support Service offers a service to adults aged 16-65.  We provide help in the day time, evenings or weekends to people with any of the following: 

  • a learning disability;
  • physical disability;
  • sensory impairments; 
  • autistic spectrum disorders; and
  • other related issues. 

The Community Support Service is available within the local community where you live.  We'll offer support to allow you to take part in activities that you have an interest in.  There are a choice of facilities depending on the activity:

  • community centres;
  • sports centres;
  • cinemas;
  • theatres; and
  • other venues.  

We manage facilities in Fife on an area basis East, Central and West and include:

  • Dalgairn Cenre, Cupar;
  • Robert Gough Centre, Leven;
  • St Clair Centre, Kirkcaldy; 
  • The Forward Centre, Glenrothes; 
  • West Fife Community Support Service, Main Office, Cowdenbeath;
  • The Grange, Dunfermline.  

Person Centred Approach

We get to know you as a person, and then look at what kind of activities you would like to do.

We will also look at what specific needs you may have and how we can meet them.  For example if you need assistance with personal care etc.  We will work with you to plan what you would like to do while you are with us.  We will then follow this plan as much as we can to make sure you can do the things you want to, at a time that suits you!

Access to this Service

An assessment will determine whether we can provide a service or not.  A Social Worker will complete the assessment paperwork.  We will work with you to develop a support plan that can meet your needs.

You can also arrange a visit to see us.  See contact details below for Community Support Managers.

Employment through the Community Support Service


We have a dedicated Work Option Team in each area lead by 1 Work Option Coordinator (Fife Wide) who will ensure support is available for any individual who has an aspiration to find voluntary work, vocational opportunities and employment.

Social Work Enquiries
Tel: 03451 55 15 03 Contact Social Work Enquiries online
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.