Adapting your home

This scheme helps owners and private tenants with property maintenance and disrepair issues. It also helps people needing disabled adaptations to help independent living.

We can offer help with adapting your home to make it more suitable for someone who has been affected by:

  • Age
  • Impairment
  • Ill health
  • Traumatic injury

How to apply – disability adaptations

  • Homeowners contact Social Work Enquiries to arrange an assessment.
  • Housing Association tenants contact your landlord.
  • Council house tenants contact us on the repairs number below.

Major Adaptations
If the change to your property is permanent and involves building work, you may be eligible for a grant.  If you qualify for a grant we will provide a minimum of 80% towards the work. If you receive one of the following benefits we will provide the full amount:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Pension Credit (guaranteed element)
  • Income related employment and support allowance

Discretionary grants

Discretionary grants can be given for permanent changes to extend the structure or convert living spaces.

For more information on grants, please contact us.


Care and repair
Kingdom Housing can support people aged 60 or over with improving or repairing their property. Over 50 if  you are disabled.

For more information visit or call 01592 631661.

Disabled Persons Housing Service Fife
This independent organisation can help and support disabled people wanting to adapt their property.  

To download an application or find out more information visit

Social Work Enquiries
Tel: 03451 55 15 03 Contact Social Work Enquiries online
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.