Fife Council Travel Plan
A guide to Travel Choices
Here within Fife Council we actively seek to improve the travel choices for our employees and service users by putting into practice the measures set out in our plan, and not just by writing them down; a travel plan document is not just a piece of paper that records what we are going to do, it’s a paper to guide us on how to encourage change to a more sustainable mode of travel.
- Fife Council Travel Plan - this is a corporate document that considers national and local government policy drivers and the role the Travel Plan will play in achieving these goals;
- Travel Choices information - supported by the Travel Plan team; this is a range of information with the aim of providing employees and visitors to Council buildings with information on the sustainable transport options available to them.
Below are some of the measures that we have been implementing.
- Car Sharing Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Business Bus and Rail Vouchers
- Employee Discount on Stagecoach bus travel scheme
- Cycle Shelters and Showering/Drying Room facilities in major buildings
- Electric Pool Cars
- Promotion of national campaigns such as Cycle to Work and Walk to Work weeks
- In-house Step Challenges
- A really useful guide to travel choices
- Ongoing monitoring of employee travel choics through the biennial travel towork survey
Travel Plan Team
Contact Travel Plan Team online
By Post: Fife Council Bankhead Central Bankhead Park Glenrothes Fife KY7 6GH