All donations received are held in trust within the Fife Health Charity and are used to fund a range of items and activities that benefit the patients, carers and staff of NHS Fife.
The purpose of the Fife Health Charity is the advancement of health through:
- improvement in the physical and mental health of the local population
- the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness
- the provision of services and facilities in connection to the above
- Research into any matters relating to the causation, prevention, diagnosis or treatment of illness
Fife Health Charity funds items in addition to those purchased by NHS Fife. It should not be confused with the running costs of NHS Fife.
Anyone can support the charity.
Trustees of the Fife Health Charity
The Trustees of the Fife Health Charity are the same individuals who are on the NHS Fife Board with the additional role of being a Charity Trustee. They can be found on our NHS Fife Board page.
Our Annual Report can be accessed here.
You can support the Fife Health Charity in the following ways
- By direct donation
- By leaving us a legacy or bequest in your will. If you do this note that you can specify exactly how you wish your donation to be used.
Popular choices are:
- for research purposes
- to purchase equipment for a hospital
- to benefit a particular ward or department or hospital
How our funds are allocated
The Fife Health Charity, as the official charity partner of NHS Fife, supports a wide range of initiatives that provide benefits to patients and staff and enhance the healthcare provided.
Examples of this are: therapies for palliative care patients are supported; at Christmas presents for patients in hospital are purchased; toys for those in the Children's ward are acquired and arts and crafts materials bought.
Some of Fife Health Charity's larger projects that have made a difference to patients and staff are highlighted below.