However, now that life is getting back to normal, and events are being schedule again, it is worth remembering to use Covid Sense as Covid hasn't gone away.
Keep using Covid Sense by:
- Wearing a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- Cleaning hands and surfaces regularly
- Opening windows when meeting indoors
- Socialising outdoors when possible
- Staying at home if unwell or have a fever
- Wearing a face covering in healthcare settings and not visiting loved ones if unwell
These simple behaviours will have a positive impact in protecting yourself and others.
The Distance Aware scheme offers everyone who would feel more comfortable when they have more room, the chance to wear an easily recognisable symbol to show others they need space and care. The polite prompt is designed to support those who are worried about being in public places, for whatever reason, and help them feel more confident when going about their daily life.
Free lanyards and badges featuring the Distance Aware shield are available from libraries across the country, with badges also free to pick up in ASDA stores or online from participating charities, free or for a small donation.
We can all play our part as we adapt to living with COVID-19. To find out more, visit www.gov.scot/distanceaware