What is Let’s Be Heard?
The purpose of Let’s Be Heard is to encourage people across Scotland to engage with the Inquiry by sharing their experiences of the pandemic. To be better prepared for the future, it is important we hear directly from people about what happened to them and understand the lessons they believe should be learned.
The information gathered through Let’s Be Heard will help guide the Inquiry’s investigations and inform its reports and recommendations. It is important to reach as many people as possible across Scotland, to help identify any unequal impacts of the pandemic. This national phase of Let’s Be Heard is open until 20 December 2023.
Let’s Be Heard is asking the public three core questions
- What were your experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What were the impacts of these experiences on you or the people you know?
- What lessons do you think should be learned from your experiences?
How can you share your experiences?
- Visit lbh.covid19inquiry.scot and complete our online form. You can also record your answer to each question as an audio file and upload it to the platform.
- Download an editable PDF form and return to us by email, or print and return by post.
- You can also help someone else to share their experiences, if they need support to
participate. You can tell us you are doing this on the form.
- Contact us to request a paper form with return envelope.
- Limited quantities of paper forms have also been sent to GP practices, pharmacies, public libraries, care homes and community centres across Scotland.
As part of a group:
- Hold a group discussion and take part as a group, family or organisation. We have an Engagement Guide to help you do this available online, or you can request a copy.
What different formats and languages are available?
Children and Young People
There is a page on our online platform for children and young people. This includes an online form and other resources. You can also download the form or request paper copies.
There is a page on our online platform in Easy Read. This includes an online form and other resources. You can also download the form or request paper copies.
The form and other resources are available in large print. You can download these from the Let's be heard online platform or request paper copies.
There are translated the form and other resources into Gaelic, simplified Chinese, Polish, standard Punjabi and Urdu. You can download these from our online platform or request paper copies. Other languages available by request.
If you have already collected people’s experiences of the pandemic
If you are part of a group or organisation, you may have already collected information about people’s experiences of the pandemic in Scotland. You can send us the report of these experiences and we will include the findings in our work.
How you can find out more
To find out more information about Let’s Be Heard or to request paper copies of forms and resources:
Write: Freepost SCOTTISH COVID-19 INQUIRY
Call: or leave a voicemail for a callback: 0808 175 5555