We are now able to offer an appointment for implant fitting and/or removal, without the need to speak to a doctor or nurse first.
Before booking this appointment, please read the following information carefully to make sure this type of appointment is suitable for you.
Who is this appointment not suitable for?
- People who are unsure whether or not they would like the implant or are suitable for the implant and wish to discuss it further. Please phone us and ask for a telephone consultation first to discuss your options.
- People who already have the implant and are booking to have it removed due to side effects (e.g. irregular bleeding) but would like to keep the implant if it was possible to get rid of these side effects. Please phone us and ask for a telephone consultation first to discuss your options.
- People who have an implant in place and would like it removed but either:
- they can’t feel the implant or can only feel part of it
- they have been told the implant is deep or in the wrong position
- someone else (e.g. GP or practice nurse) has already tried to remove the implant unsuccessfully
In any of these cases, please phone us and ask for a telephone consultation first as we may need to book you in with our specialist implant remover.
Implant fitting information
If you would like to have an implant fitted, please read the following leaflet before your appointment:
Video about the implant
Please watch the video below about getting an implant fitted.
An introduction to the implant, produced by NHS Grampian.