• Inpatient haematology/oncology ward
• Direct admission of acute haematology patients (open access policy for patients, most come in directly from home after calling the ward)
• Direct admission of oncology patients with neutropenic sepsis post chemotherapy, these patients will have contacted the cancer treatment helpline
• Other oncological admissions with chemotherapy related complications are managed by the appropriate speciality within the rest of the hospital
• Electively admit haematology patients for in-patient chemotherapy regimes
This ward is situated in Phase 3, Level 1.