Contacting the Emergency Services
By text message
This text service is available for people with a hearing or verbal impairment. You will need to register to use this service. This will ensure your phone is set up for using this service in the future. To register to use this service:
- type the word register into a text message then send it to 999. Do not type anything else
- you should receive a text message back with the instructions on how to complete the registration process
Once registered please only send texts to 999 in an emergency. Once a text message is received the emergency services will respond to your message.
Should you encounter any problems using this service, please visit the emergency services website at emergencysms.net or send email to:email@example.com.
By using the NHS 24 telephone service
Different ways to access NHS 24 on 111
If you use a textphone you can contact NHS 24 on 18001 111.
Relay UK app
You can contact NHS 24 via the Relay UK app.
To use the Relay UK app service, download the app from the App Store or Google Play onto your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
More details on using the Relay UK app can found at https://www.relayuk.bt.com/about-relay-uk.html
For further information or help you can contact any of these services:
- NHS Fife Equality and Human Rights Team by text at 0780 5800005
- Justsign Ltd by text at 07780443482
- Fife Council Deaf Communication Service by text at 0798 4356580.
Also see the government campaign:www.nhsinform.scot/campaigns/right-care-right-place
Due to the global COVID19 pandemic, the way we access A & E and the Minor Injuries service is changing.
For health information in different languages and formats including BSL, Easy Read and translations see the Translations page on NHS Inform.
Languages included are: