‘NHS Fife is committed to making health and care accessible by eliminating discrimination, promoting inclusion and ensuring a Human Rights based approach underpins all our functions and services’.
‘Is e rùn NHS Fhìobha cothroman cùram-slàinte fhosgladh le bhith a’ cur às do leth-bhreith, a’ brosnachadh in-ghabhail agus a’ dèanamh cinnteach gu bheil còraichean daonna mar bhun-stèidh nar n-uile gnìomh agus seirbheis’.
The Equality Act 2010 Protected Characteristics are:
- Civil Partnership
- Gender Reassignment
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion and Belief
- Sex (male and female)
- Sexual Orientation
We have a range of functions, reports and reviews which help us to assess how we are doing.
The NHS Fife Equality Plan including Equality Outcomes shows how we aim to achieve the following:
- to ensure that equality and human rights considerations are taken into account in all decision making by using the Equality Impact Assessment Framework
- to ensure that, as an organisation, we do not discriminate against service users or staff
- to improve access for patients and their carers and families
- to ensure that patients have a better experience of services which they access through regularly evaluative or participation and engagement networks.
- to engage with local communities
- to improve our human resources practices and policies to attract, train, promote and support a workforce that is representative of the local population
- to ensure that we promote understanding between different groups, including staff groups
- carry out Equality Impact Assessments when we carry out service developments, policies and in planning.
- publishing the Equal Pay Review and statement showing the difference in pay between men and women in NHS Fife.
- to provide workforce data report detailing the diversity of the workforce
Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world, from birth until death. The animation video below shows how they protect us in our day-to-day lives and why they are so important.
For more information or to suggest how we can improve our Equality and Human Rights practice please contact the NHS Fife Equality and Human Rights Team by:
01592 729130 extension 29130
NHS Fife SMS Text Service - 07805800005 (for people with a hearing or verbal impairment)
The following documents relate to our Equal Pay Audit for 2021