There are six main ways of achieving this as outlined by Scottish Government as follows:
- the quickest practical roll-out of our vaccination programme
- the most effective use of Test and Protect
- applying proportionate protective measures (rules and guidance) to suppress transmission of the virus
- effective measures to manage the risk of importation of the virus
- supporting individuals, businesses and organisations to adhere to protective measures
- providing care and support to mitigate the harms of the crisis
In terms of Local rules we are still in lockdown however the priority is on the phased return of education which has started and will continue. You can read more about this on our updated Current Local rules page.