Weekly information is now being published on COVID-19 cases connected to nurseries and schools in Fife. These updates list where a case has occurred in pupils or staff who are attending the school, and where five or more school contacts have been required to isolate after contact tracing has taken place. Where fewer than five potential contacts have been identified, these cases will not be included for reasons of pupil/ staff confidentiality.
From Monday 08 March to Sunday 14 March 2021, five or more individuals at the following school were required to isolate after contact with a positive case.
- Aberhill Primary School, Methil
- Halbeath Nursery, Dunfermline
- Kirkcaldy West Primary School
- We are aware of a cluster of COVID-19 cases amongst staff associated with the school. A total of 9 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19, and NHS Fife’s Health Protection Team are working alongside Fife Council’s Environmental Health and Education services to reduce the opportunity for further transmission.
- Newport Primary School
- Pitreavie Primary School, Dunfermline
* Please note that an earlier version of this post listed a case within the nursery at Newburgh Primary School. This was included in error.
Anyone with the well-established symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of how mild, should immediately self-isolate and order a test on the NHS inform website www.nhsinform.scot or by calling 0800 028 2816.
There are a number of useful resources available for parents in Fife, with information on how best to reduce the chances of your family contracting the virus and what you should do if someone in the household develops symptoms. These can be accessed at: www.nhsfife.org/news-updates/campaigns/coronavirus-information/information-for-parents/.
Furthermore, Fife Council has made a comprehensive list of questions and answers available for parents and carers at: www.fife.gov.uk/schoolcovidfaqs.