In-patient services cover all acute wards at the Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy.
The ward Physiotherapists can provide the following:
- Assessment of movement and strength
- Transfer and mobility assessment
- Provision of walking aids where appropriate
- Provision of exercise programmes
- Stair assessments where applicable
- Advice about ongoing physiotherapy and where to find it
- Chest physiotherapy, where indicated to those patients who are acutely unwell
- An on-call (out of hours) service for respiratory patients whose condition deteriorates outside of core working hours
- Respiratory physiotherapy service that advises and educates people with chronic chest conditions
- Patients requiring rehabilitation following amputation
- In-patients – referred through the admitting ward
- Out-patients – referred via GP/respiratory clinic/vascular service
Call 01592 643355 or view find a ward number.