Infection Prevention & Control expertise is provided across NHS Fife by a team consisting of specialist infection control nurses and infection control doctors supported by clerical staff. Patient safety is a high priority for all NHS Fife staff and infection prevention & control is one part of this. Our service aims to reduce the risk of healthcare associated infection to visitors, patients and staff whether they are using our hospital services or our wider community services
The infection prevention & control team provides:
- Advice about the prevention and management of infection to all staff (including the management of outbreaks of infection such as diarrhoea and vomiting)
- We are also available for advice about decontamination of equipment and the environment, or about best practice in the prevention of infection associated with any area of health care.
- Advice and information to patients and carers
- Conducting a programme of audit (environment and practice) and surveillance
- Education about infections and how to control and prevent them for all clinical staff
- Policies, guidelines and protocols to ensure care is evidence based and high quality
- Advice about building and refurbishment projects within NHS Fife
- Liaising with staff involved in purchasing and planning to ensure infection control issues are given a high priority in their activities.
The NHS Fife Infection Prevention & Control Service can be contacted by the telephone at the numbers below.
Infection Control Team Contacts
Infection Control Manager - Julia Cook
Lead Nurse Infection Prevention and Control - Amy Mbuli
Senior Infection Control Nurse - Elizabeth Dunstan
HAI Scribe Nurse - Mirka Barkley
Infection Control PA - Sharon McDonald
Infection Control Nurses:
Care home IPC team Senior:
ICN Care home team
IPN - Sharon Bernard
IPN - Jodie Gear
IPN - Janice Barnes
IPN - Pauline Young