Care Opinion

Your opinion is very important to us. To ensure that your feedback is captured, responded to and where appropriate, acted upon, our preferred feedback route is via the independent feedback facility, Care Opinion. 

Care Opinion website

If on the other hand, you feel that you or a loved one has been treated unfairly or in a way that was unsatisfactory, you may wish to use one of the following channels, all of which are completely independent of NHS Fife and manage their own feedback and complaints.

Health and Social Care Partnership Complaints (HSCP) feedback and complaints

While feedback relating to Health and Social Care Partnership Health Services is managed by NHS Fife Patient Relations, please see details below of who to contact about other HSCP services:

Primary Care Services

  • General Practitioners (GPs)
  • NHS Dentists 
  • Private Dentists
  • NHS Opticians
  • Community Pharmacies

For any feedback in relation to the above services, please contact the practice manager as they are independent contractors and manage their own feedback and complaints.

If you have difficulties in providing your feedback or complaint to the above services, we may be able to help you agree with the practice how this will be dealt with. Please note that we cannot complain on your behalf or respond to your complaint on behalf of the Primary Care Services.

There are five GP practices which sit under NHS Fife's feedback process. These are:

  • Linburn Road Health Centre, Dunfermline
  • The Links / Masterton Practice, Burntisland
  • Valleyfield Medical Practice, High Valleyfield
  • Kinghorn Medical Practice
  • Methilhaven GP practice

NHS 24

Patient Affairs Service
Caledonia House
Fifty Pitches Road
Cardonald Park
G51 4EB

0141 337 4597

Scottish Ambulance Service (SAS)

Patient Experience Team
Scottish Ambulance Service
National Headquarters
Gyle Square
1 South Gyle Crescent
EH12 9EB

0131 314 0000

General Medical Council (GMC)

The GMC is the governing body for Medical Staff. If you have a serious complaint about a Doctor that you feel has not been satisfactorily handled locally, then you can raise this with the GMC. They have an online complaints form for patients and a guide for patients about their complaint process. This can be located on their website

Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC)

The NMC is the professional regulator for Nursing and Midwifery Staff across the UK. The work to ensure these professionals have the knowledge and skills to deliver consistent, quality care that keeps people safe. If you are concerned about the practice of a Nurse or Midwife you can raise your concerns via the NMC. This process can be located on their website

Health and Social Care Partnership Complaints (HSCP) Fife Integration Board

03451 555555 extension 440971 (Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00)

HSCP Social Work

In person: speak to the person you normally deal with in social work
03451 551503 (Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00)

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) is the final stage for complaints about councils, the National Health Service, housing associations, colleges and universities, prisons, most water providers, the Scottish Government and its agencies and departments and most Scottish authorities.


Feedback Form