Patients who have not previously been seen by the Heart Failure Liaison Nurse Service can be referred by their GP. Patients who have previously been seen by the heart failure service can self refer. Following discussion with the patient, the Heart failure liaison nurse service may refer onwards to other services if appropriate.
We see patients at home or in clinics Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
Outside of working hours – all urgent care services can be accessed via NHS 24 (dial 111)
Community cardiac specialist nurse service
Palliative care aims to reduce symptoms, improve quality of life and offer emotional, spiritual & psychological support as well as practical support such as planning for the future or accessing equipment.
End of life care offers treatment & support for those who are near the end of life.
What we do
Working in the community setting the Heart Failure Liaison Nurse Service supports patients with all types of heart failure. The Heart Failure Liaison Nurse Service aims to;
- Help people with heart failure to remain as well as possible
- Work in partnership with patients, their carers & other health care professionals to provide holistic patient-centered care.
- Reduce unnecessary hospital admissions & readmissions
- Support patients with symptom & medication management
- Support patients with palliative & end of life needs when appropriate
Your doctor and/or heart failure specialist nurse will discuss treatment & support available and can answer any questions you may have.