Workplace Team Objectives
The Workplace Team provide free and confidential support and advice to help Fife employers and workers create a healthier and safer working environment to promote Good Work.
Employers are supported to proactively identify health, safety and wellbeing issues in the workplace.
Employers develop and implement supportive policies and practices that protect and improve workers' physical and mental health.
Employers support workers to remain in and return to work.
Supportive work environments encourage positive worker behaviour change.
Fair employment and good work for all is a key priority in Fife and nationally
Workplace Team Services
- Provision of expert advice and guidance
- Occupational Health and Safety needs assessment visits
- Workplace Health needs assessments
- Workplace training and awareness sessions
- Workplace policy development
- Employee Wellbeing Surveys
- Provision of health improvement information and resources
- Local support for the national Healthy Working Lives programme in accordance with Partnership Agreement
- Signposting to partner programmes such as Working Health Services in Fife
- Develop and deliver local workplace health, safety and wellbeing projects and events in Fife
Good Work is important to reducing health inequalities that, in Scotland, are widest for people of working age. Working with employers will be essential in achieving national health and wellbeing outcomes for health and social care.
Good work is achievable and is also good for your business.
Characteristics of Good Work
- Safe and secure jobs
- Autonomy in decision making
- Work that is demanding whilst not overtaxing
- Fair reward
- Development opportunity to achieve potential
- Non threatening workplace – without discrimination
- Employee voice is heard
- Work life balance is maintained
- Rehabilitating when necessary
- Health promoting workplace
Local and National Strategies
Workplace Team Distribution List
Join our email distribution list for local and national workforce health, safety and wellbeing updates. Email us at Fife.email@example.com
Workplace Training & Awareness Sessions
Health Promotion Training Programme
Health Events Calendar
Information Resource Centre
Workforce Mental Wellbeing & Suicide Prevention Campaign
Farming, I'm Fine Leaflet
Workforce Health, Safety & Wellbeing Toolkits & Infobytes
Workplace Mental Health Training & Resources
Workplace Team develop partnership case studies which highlight good workplace practice, promote the characteristics of good work and demonstrate innovation which supports workforce health, safety and wellbeing.
Contact us if you would like us to develop a case study for your workplace: Fife.firstname.lastname@example.org.
'Volunteering & Community Engagement' - GRAHAM Construction
'Business Continuity During COVID-19' - We are Zest
'Impact of Good Work' - GRAHAM Construction
'Building a Culture of Workforce Health & Wellbeing' - United Industrial Supplies
'The Positive Impacts of Recycling' - Bandrum Nursing Home
'Health & Wellbeing at Work' - Fife Division, Police Scotland
'Supportive Approaches & Initiatives' - Youth 1st
'Staff Support & Sustaining Service during COVID-19' - Frontline Fife
'Increasing Physical Activity' - Bandrum Nursing Home
'Why Develop a Mentally Healthy Workplace?' - Fife Engineering Sector
Further workforce health, safety and wellbeing case studies are available to view on request: Fife.email@example.com