Addiction Services offers a wide range of services including
- Substitute opiate prescribing – such as methadone and suboxone and home alcohol detox programmes.
- Psychosocial interventions to encourage behaviour change and abstinence from illicit substances.
- Referrals to other appropriate agencies for support.
- Blood Borne Virus testing.
- Alcohol brief interventions within hospital sites.
- Harm reduction advice.
- Group-work programme.
- SMART recovery.
- Drug Service
Specialist drop- in clinics
These clinics are available to offer additional support for drug and alcohol issues.
Fife Alcohol Support Service drop in clinics
Where to get Naloxone/Prenoxad
People with an opiate issue will benefit from one-to-one support on a monthly basis from a registered nurse, personalised plans for recovery and a periodically care review by our Psychiatrists. Fife Addiction Services provide continued treatment for those entering and leaving the Scottish Prison Service. For those who are opiate free, there may be assessment for Naltrexone therapy.
Those with alcohol issues will also benefit from one to one support from a registered Nurse. Assessment for community or in-patient alcohol detoxification for individuals seeking abstinence. Assessment of patients who are alcohol free wishing to be considered for therapies that assist abstinence.